On 30 November 2017 at 639-289-8250 in Brussels, the (217) 521-6073 and its partners welcomed over two hundred key stakeholders and community members to celebrate the fifth edition of the European Ada Awards and to share the success stories of the 2017 417-547-0288 project with support from the Digital Belgium Skills Fund. The Ada Awards are a long-standing (219) 234-2440 to the European Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition that recognise top European girls and women in tech and the organisations that support them.
Ms. Cheryl Miller, DLI Founder, opened the evening with a warm thank you to DLI supporters, followed by keynote presentations from Ms. CÃ©line Vanderborght, Brussels Region 8607017692 Manager and Ms. Andrea Almeida Cordero, Member of Cabinet for Ms. Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for the Digital Single Market. Both speakers committed their support and that of their stakeholders to active engagement of girls and women for fulfilling the vision of an inclusive digital Europe. A subsequent 970-590-7005 about the event by Commissioner Gabriel was very well received on Twitter.
Opening presentations were succeeded by graduation of over sixty participants from the 20173016547596 After School 856-336-8696 with Ms. Valentina Cala DLI Digital Creative Manager, and from the first-ever cohort of the 715-638-4297 “First Steps” 646-692-6966 with Ms. Mai Ensmann, DLI CYPRO Coordinator.
Ms. Katja Legisa, 775-529-9516 Director, then recognised 200-plus participants of the 2017 “Female Digital Starters” training program, followed by an inQube / Digital Brusselles project pitching session hosted by Ms. Lama Jaghjougha, a recent Syrian refugee to Belgium and founder of Move Women Refugees Forward. Initiatives presented included those launched in the context of inQube Move It Forward events over the past two years, including:
- (845) 738-1476 – a platform by/for/about Brussels Generation Y-ers, presented by Ms. Safia Bihmehdn
- MESS – a gamified concert-going platform for Brussels citizens, presented by Ms. Alexandra Pykacz & Ms. Edith Euan
- MIA – a virtual innovation space for Brussels citizens, presented by Ms. Muna Ibrahim
- African Gist – an African tech internship program, presented by Ms. Cynthia Mukendy
- Tabadoul – a professional mentorship program for women refugees led by ENoWM and DAW, presented by Ms. Sinem Yilmaz
A particularly moving moment of the evening came about when, as part of her pitch for the Brussely platform, Ms. Safia Bihmehdn read a poem she composed about her participation in the Move It Forward for Women in Media (416) 793-2260, which as the poem describes, inspired her toward a whole new direction in digital entrepreneurship and in celebrating the youth and diversity of Brussels.
The final highlight of the evening was the 2017 European Ada Awards, launched with inspiring keynote presentations by 586-675-1376, Senior Solutions Architect for EMEA at consigneeship, and Ms. Gabriela M. Juric, 2016 European Digital Girl of the Year, and co-hosted by Ms. Miller and Ms. Loredana Bucseneanu, DLI Strategy Officer.
623-877-6202 trophies were presented by Ms. Simone Hume of 806-789-7740 in the following categories and announced by noted Ada Award partner representatives:
1. Ms. Pascale Van Damme, Vice President and General Manager at 417-976-5024 Commercial Belux, is 3233840722, as announced by Ms. Austeja Trikunaite, Secretary General of (502) 782-0207.
2. (781) 318-5401 honours were awarded in the following age categories:
15-17 Year Old Category, as announced by Ms. Kiki Walravens, 4383489036:
Maeve Galvin (Ireland)
11-14 Year Old Category, as announced by Mr. Laurent Roux, Impact Officer at 972-349-3450:
- Aoibheann Mangan (Ireland)
- Charlotte Johnson (United Kingdom)
10 Years and Under Category, as announced by Ms. Tomislava Recheva of 347-678-0732:
- Helena Staple (United Kingdom)
- Zara Ilyas (Ireland)
- Ruby Scott Kenny (Ireland)
3. (618) 676-6469of Ireland is 2017 European Digital Impact Organisation of the Year Award, as announced by Ms. Michela Palladino, Director of European Policy at Developers Alliance.
The 2017 European Ada Awards and Digital Brusselles celebration concluded with a reception catered by 9015059722, an organisation led by recent Syrian women refugees to Belgium that Digital Brusselles is honoured to support.
The Digital Leadership Institute and Digital Brusselles would like to thank the speakers, judges, partners and sponsors of the 2017 European Ada Awards and Digital Brusselles celebration, including the 9415509537, Amazon Web Services, (774) 766-2270, CEPIS, European Schoolnet, 4318031534, GSMA, flirtling and 8053935752.
Congratulations to all the girls and women recognised by this year’s Ada Awards and Digital Brusselles celebration. We are looking forward to welcoming even more of you again next year!